- This event has passed.
Morning Virtual Co-working Session
October 16, 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00 SAST
These create structure as well as a greater sense of community for our attending members. It curbs our loneliness and adds focus!
In these session we work using the Pomodoro Technique!
We will be using the Pomodoro Technique as follows:
1. Choose a task you’d like to get done
Something big, something small, something you’ve been putting off for a million years: it doesn’t matter. What matters is that it’s something that deserves your full, undivided attention.
2. Set the Pomodoro (timer) for 25 minutes
Make a small oath to yourself: I will spend 25 minutes on this task and I will not interrupt myself. You can do it! After all, it’s just 25 minutes.
3. Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings
Immerse yourself in the task for the next 25 minutes. If you suddenly realise you have something else you need to do, write the task down on a sheet of paper.
4. When the Pomodoro rings, put a checkmark on a paper
Congratulations! You’ve spent an entire, interruption-less Pomodoro on a task.
5. Take a short 5min break (we will do this together with an informal chat)
Breathe, meditate, grab a cup of coffee, go for a short walk or do something else relaxing (i.e., not work-related). Your brain will thank you later.
6. Every 4 Pomodoros, take a longer break (we will finish here)
Once you’ve completed four Pomodoros, you can take a longer break. 20 minutes is good. Or 30. Your brain will use this time to assimilate new information and rest before the next round of Pomodoros.