This event’s focus is Education. Event has Entrance fee (presale) [ Entrance fee: 35 € ] and it will be held at Expath, Berlin, Germany.
I want to work as a freelancer… Now what!? What taxes do I need to worry about? How do I invoice clients? ‘Must’ I get German health insurance? What’s the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being classified as a ‘trade’ (Gewerbe)? What can I do when clients don’t pay? What are the laws on how I market myself/my company?
Join our Freelancing in Berlin workshop, Saturday October 22nd from 10am-2:30pm at Expath in Neukölln, to learn:
• What kind of health insurance you need
• What other insurances are a good idea (liability/accident/legal, etc.)
• How do I get a tax number and invoice clients?
• How do income taxes work?
• What is VAT and do I need to charge it? Are there other taxes I need to know about?
• What is the difference between freelancing, self-employed and being a Gewerbe?
• What are the special German laws regarding marketing, advertising, your website, etc.?
You’ll come away with lots of practical information, useful phone numbers and addresses, and the German terms for the offices, officials and documents you’ll need to deal with as a freelancer – all for just 35 Euros. Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded by expats, for expats, Expath helps new international Berliners learn German, get a visa, get a work permit, register their address, get health insurance, find a job, find a flat, deal with taxes and much more. We love helping freelancers because there's usually no company there to take care of you - you've got to figure it all out on your own. That's where we come in. We're great at breaking down the German system of taxes and insurance in a way that's easy to understand. Our customers walk away with a concrete checklist of To Dos, and at very affordable rates. We're proud to say we've helped thousands of expats in Berlin since we started in 2012 - and we're looking forward to helping you, too!
Send this to a friend